May 26, 2010

Is THIS treasonous?

I'm a pretty smart person -- or at least I thought I was. Apparently, though, I am terribly misinformed when it comes to the purpose of laws and the stated need to obey them.

Tonight's newswires carry stores about the troops President Obama is sending to the Mexican border. When I first heard about this, I had mixed feelings. The first was, "What took you the hell so long?" The second was, "Whatever, I'm just glad you're finally responding."

Now, as it turns out, those troops will have absolutely NO role in enforcing our nation's immigration laws in spite of the fact that they COULD help to enforce those laws if only our elected officials cared one whit about our own people.

News reports say the troops are going to stand around and try to stop the drug smuggling and gun running. Of course a lot of this is done by illegals so maybe U.S. troops will catch a few.

But realistically, Washington is such a heyboy when it comes to Mexico I doubt the presence of our soldiers will do much one way or the other.

I guess it would be just too darn politically incorrect to tell Mexican President Calderon that what we REALLY want to do is put troops along the border to keep his people in their place.

Let me rephrase that. What the American people want to do is put troops along the border to keep Mexico's people in their place -- the illegal ones, of course.

What Washington wants to do is another story. (Isn't it always?)

I ask the question again, folks. Have we elected a band of traitors?

No comments: