February 1, 2010

Pottery Barn Kids -- an awesome company

What a difference a customer service-oriented attitude makes.

Last summer I ordered two touch-lamp bases for my daughters' room only to have them stop working about six months later. When I contacted Pottery Barn Kids to let them know their "no cheap" lamps had failed us, they quickly agreed to replace them at absolutely no cost or hassle to us. All I've got to do is mail back the faulty lamps in the boxes in which the new ones arrive.

Let me repeat -- this entire process from the time I called PBK until the time I hung up took exactly 10 minutes. The customer service rep was polite, efficient, and did not give me a hard time about why I was returning something six months (rather than, say, 90 days) after it was purchased.

PBK says in its catalog it stands behind everything it sells and, my friends, you can take to the bank. They really do!

Glad to see that customer service, while endangered, isn't extinct.

No comments: