June 5, 2008

NEA not the brightest bulb in the package

I thought I'd seen it all when Planned Parenthood announced Mother's Day as the perfect opportunity for folks to make donations in honor of their moms -- you know, the ones who chose to give birth, thereby generating the donors themselves.

I had no idea that the National Education Agency, long on my short list of organizations to ignore because of its continued stance that homeschooling should be outlawed and homeschooling parents boiled alive in oil, is also obtuse when it comes to population growth -- or, in this case, lack thereof.

Seems the NEA has been a regular and longstanding supporter of abortion rights, even going so far as to encourage its members to help female students gain access to the procedure.

I guess I have to wonder what the NEA will do with all that time on its hands once several more million American children are exterminated. No kids, no need for schools, right? No schools, no need for all those education bureaucrats, lobbyists, and career teachers, right?

What's the old saying about shooting oneself in the foot?

Nice job, NEA. Such brilliant reasoning is part and parcel of why your organization's credibility is easily debatable. Tell me again why I'm not qualified to teach my kids, will you?

No comments: